Thursday, August 2, 2012

I have to be honest.  I could not be the "rock" I am for Allie without the love and support of my friends and family.  I rely primarily on God for strength just to get me through the days most of the time.  My emotions are an up and down crazy rollercoaster and today was rough.  My parents have been divorced for more than 35 years and there are still hard feelings involved.  It is still difficult for them to be in the same room together.  Unfortunately, because Allie has had 4 brain surgeries in the past four years and is about to have number five, they have been thrust together way to often.  I had a dream the other night that my son Brennan was playing in the OU marching band for the first home game of the season.  Unfortunately, in the dream, my parents ended up with tickets that found them right next to each other at the game.  Unable to take the stress of it, I tried as hard as I could to buffer the situation.  While trying to keep everyone happy, I missed my son's half time show.  Hmmmmmmm.  Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment