Sunday, October 14, 2012

I find myself delivering my books to friends all over Claremore and Inola.  I received all 295 of my books and Allie and I started signing them.  Actually, it was quite fun as Emma, Brennan and Adam joined in the signing fun as well.  It wasn't all fun and games though - between the signings they had to argue about how many pages were devoted to each one of them and who should sign where and there was Allie in the middle of all of it shouting, "its my book - you all can't sign it."  Its the fighting.  I know my sister and I fought terrible and my husband and his brother used to hit each other with 2x4s and chase each other with chain saws, but it isn't at all what I expected when I became a mother.  Why not? I mean, we fought as kids, why wouldn't mine fight.  Well they do, like the dickens.  Brennan fights with Adam, Adam fights with Brennan, Adam also fights with Emma, and Brennan fights with Emma, Allie and Adam fight as well and Emma and Allie fight sometimes.  The boys, 14 and 11 are able to inflict damage on each other (and my home.)  Things are thrown, fists fly and things break.  All the while, I am yelling, stop it please stop fighting.  It is no use.  I have run out of ideas.  I supposed it is normal, the fighting. . . . . . but lately it just seems like it is all the time.  There just isn't enough of me to go around.  A lot of the times, they are fighting over me.  Who will sit by mom at the restaurant, whose side mom always takes, who mom loves best . . . . . .  It is enough to make a good momma go CRAZY.  My sister and I are the best of friends now so maybe . . . .  . . . maybe there is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment