Saturday, September 29, 2012

I ordered copies of my book today "Gifts of Grace".  Funny thing, I don't think I have told you how the book came to be.  I speak, once a year in my former Home Economics Teacher's classroom.  The topics range from specific crazy stories about my children to the seriousness of being a parent of children with special needs.  At the end of each talk, my former teacher, Mrs. Spurlock, would say "you really should write a book".  I would laugh and say "yeah right, like I have time for that."  Brennan was up for confirmation at our church and Miss Frances told the parents that if you wanted to request a specific mentor for your child, you could . . . . OR, you could allow God to choose your child's mentor.  I called her and told her that I wanted God to choose Brennan's mentor for confirmation.  God gave us Brent Youngs.  Half-way into Brennan's confirmation year, Brent gave me a copy of his book "Perfect Timing" to read.  I had no idea, he was a published author.  After Brennan was confirmed, I went to Brent after church one day and asked him if he would be interested in helping me write my book.  He said, "that's funny, I was just getting ready to ask you if I could help you write a book."  At any rate, not only did God choose a perfect mentor for Brennan, but he put Brent in our lives at a time when I was ready to put pen to paper (hands to keyboard) and write our story.  Brent was instrumental in rewriting, editing, and perfecting our story into something that reflects God's infinite grace and love in our lives.  And so, now we have "Gifts of Grace".  It is available through the Westbow Press website, but will soon be available everywhere. I hope everyone enjoys God's book "Gifts of Grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment