Saturday, July 14, 2012

I remember playing the game "Life" with my sister when we were kids.  We would "get married" and gather our children (we always seemed to have 2 boys and twin girls) Weird how like real life that was, but the rest has been BOGUS!  Where is the square that you land on that says, "high risk pregnancy - bedrest 10 weeks, miss work" - go back two steps."  Or, "your daughter has a stroke, seek immediate medical attention, pay 3000.00 dollar deductible for brain surgery and travel expenses to the only hospital who specializes in these types of things - go back 6 spaces." At this point I would have landed on this particular spot 5 times!!  Then where is the square that says, "son diagnosed with autism, get child on IEP, advocate for him, this is now your full time job - wages = $0 dollars."  I never saw the square that said, "Get on your knees and pray immediately, your son has ADHD and must be put on medication or he may not survive his teen years."  Of course, my game board would have had several spots where I could pray and lean on God for peace and advance 10 spots.  But seriously, where is that stinkin game!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment