Monday, November 5, 2012

I am sitting here tonight, finding myself thankful. I am counting my blessings and am at peace.  Allie is doing well this week at school.  The extra hour we gain at the end of daylight savings time helps.  The reporter and photographer that came out to the house on Wednesday did an amazing job writing about our family and the blessings and struggles we encounter every day.  Of course, the children were on their best behavior while they were here.  For that I am thankful, but is sure doesn't give them the entire picture.  Literally, from the time Brennan wakes in the morning, until his head hits the pillow he is using all of his tricks to make the other three crazy.  If Brennan happens to turn in early, Adam takes over and drives the girls completely bananas.  Two nights in a row, I have found myself holding 2 screaming beligerent girls who were absolutely furious at their brother.  Tonight things are quieter, eerily more quiet as I am able to blog.  I am about 800.00 short of being able to pay myself back from all of the publishing costs of my book.  That in itself is a miracle.  I have purchased another hundred books that I already have about 30 people on a wait list for them in addition to a book signing in Broken Arrow.  God has blessed our family way beyond anything we could have possibly imagined.  Yes, we have had our share of absolute heartache, but in return he has given us a stronger faith in Him and a love for the things which are most important in life.  In church on Sunday, I lit a candle for pawpaw Ken who passed away in 2007.  As I lit the candle, the lady standing behind the table started to cry.  She said, "I knew I would cry when I saw you. I read your book and was so incredibly blessed by your story that I just have to give you a hug".  This my friends, is what is most important in life . . . . . people.

No comments:

Post a Comment