Thursday, November 1, 2012

Allie had a relatively long TIA today. It lasted 4 1/2 hours.  This is quite long considering a typical tia lasts about 5 minutes or so.  She started complaining of a headache, so I went to her school and I could tell she was having a TIA. Slurred speech, slow response time, difficulty following simple 2 step directions.  We did trick or treat last night but we were home by 8.  Still, this could have been the culprit.  Because Allie is not well tonight, I am again missing out an awesome opportunity to watch my son.  One of the football team captains at school was reading my book.  He saw in there that Brennan had Hashimoto's thyroid disorder and that his extreme short stature had made it impossible to ever play football.  He came to me and asked, if it was okay with the coaches, could Brennan come out with them and participate in the coin toss.  He said they would get him a jersey and everything.  Of course Brennan is so excited about this, as am I.  Donald is getting to go and get to watch this event, but I must stay home with my sick baby. It is a mother's duty. I will say this, when the captain of the football team comes up with such an unselfish and gracious act of kindness, it brings me to tears. What an amazing gift he has given my son. What an amazing man this boy will become.  He inspires me. I am privileged to be one of his teachers.  I will never forget him and what he did for Brennan.

No comments:

Post a Comment