Saturday, September 15, 2012


As I sit here, typing away on my computer, trying to catch up with the week's paperwork. I am listening to my little girl singing a song (I don't recognize) while playing a game on my Ipad.  I think . . . just two weeks ago, I was taking a picture of her on my cell phone just before she was wheeled into the room to have her 5th brain surgery.  She is back at school with support from a school nurse and two loving paraprofessionals who are watching out for her while her colon and her omentum adheres to her brain.  They already are protective and attached to her.  She has such a way about her that you can't help it.  Even when you have bothered to fix yourself a bowl of ice cream, sitting down to finally relax and enjoy it . . . . she sees it, walks over and sits herself on your lap only to look at you and smile as if - can I have a bite? Annoyed for only a half a second, you realize what an honor it is that she has chosen to sit on your lap.  What a blessing it is that she can walk over to you, climb onto your lap, smile at you and eat a bite of your ice cream.  How very blessed we are.  No doubt, her strokes could have left her completely incapacitated.  God saw to it that she is still our precious little girl.  Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment