Monday, September 3, 2012

So we had a huge setback today, when Allie threw up her entire small meal of 2/3 of her mashed potatoes and some chocolate milk.  She is feeling much better now and has held down a couple of pieces of pineapple and a few sips of sprite. When she threw that up, I thought . . . . wow, I was so wrong about her being ready for real food, I am pushing her too hard.  I was headed for the Worlds Worst Mommy Hall of Fame.  Thankfully, God gave us two of the most amazing nurses on the planet.  Alison has been Allie's nurse for the last 3 days and she is an amazing nurse and advocate for my daughter.  Megan is Allie's nurse tonight and she is another amazingly kind and gentle spirit who is totally in tune to what Allie needs.  Tonight, no one is pushing me to push her to drink or eat.  No one is threatening an IV, and no one is a bit worried about how her recovery is going.  At least for tonight.  The morning will bring new faces and the craziness of coming off a long weekend. We have been without a room mate tonight and it has been a blessing of welcomed quiet and much needed privacy. I am still in prayer, that the Lord would heal her body totally and give her the strength to be a little girl again, playing and smiling and laughing.  Something I haven't seen her do since Wednesday.  I dearly miss it and can't wait to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment