Sunday, September 2, 2012

Here in our semi-private room, we have seen 4 kiddos come and go since we have been in here.  If not for the colon resection we would have been out of here yesterday.  Her bowels are doing much better and we are walking her everytime she pees. (that doesn't sound right does it . . . . ) She isn't moaning in pain when we walk anymore, instead she makes conversation about the things she sees on our walk.  Both of her IV's failed her so she is having to have another one put in tonight.  She just doesn't drink enough to meet the standards here for hydration.  We have an appointment at Dr. Steinberg's office on Tuesday I am quite certain we are not going to make.  She is still only allowed clear liquids and she has to be eating normal food before we get out of here.  I'm not sure why, but I am kind of down tonight.  One more night sleeping in the hospital, actually more to the point - not sleeping.  One more night of hauling her and all of her equipment to the bathroom, lugging that huge door, holding it open all the while trying to hold on to her so she doesn't fall.  Listening to her moan while I shut the door banging into the iv pole. I hurry to untie her pants and get them down while I look down to notice, her potty hat isn't in there.  Because we share a room with another kiddo, her potty hat is in there.  I remove the neighbor's potty hat and place Allie's in just in time for the flood.  Allie has had a complete inability to hit a potty hat since her catheter was removed.  Once again, she has splashed it everywhere and is crying now because her pants are wet.  I take the wet pants off of her and assure her it is okay as I push the ridiculously heavy door open while holding onto her (naked from the waist down), and her IV pole.  I push all of it back toward the bed and realize that her IV is wrapped between her legs and under the wheel of the pole.  At this point, she is moaning like crazy and shaking because she is so cold.  I tell her it's okay and give her a quick hug only to attempt to untangle it while still holding on to her to make certain she doesn't fall.  I get her back into bed, plug back in her pole, attach all of her wires and pull the covers up to her neck.  I give her a kiss goodnight and know that in 2 hours, I will relive the entire experience again. Put a fork in this chick cuz she is done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment